So I have had this watch for a while now, picking it up whilst on holidays in Florida, for an amazing price, which I’m going to keep as a secret! But the same watch retails here for the equivalent £250GBP.
You may recognise this watch as it currently one of Casio G-Shock’s Poster Models, and with just a quick look it is easy to see why it is so desirable! Just look at it, it is a stunning watch!
Casio knew what they were doing whilst marketing this watch…Put a jet on it, people will want it! Damn straight!
The added information from Casio below will tell you of the features and functions of this watch, but here are my real world points in relation to every day wearing :
1. Comfortable – I have big wrists and it fits well.
2. Big but not massive. I thought this may be a bad point for me, however it isn’t. I usually wear large faced watches, the GA-100 and GX-56 are usually found wrapped around my wrist. This watch is noticeably smaller when being worn than both, however its depth somehow beefs it up and after a couple of minutes I had fully accepted it. Instead of saying smaller, I will say neater.
3. Keeps time well, the multi band 6 means that across the globe you will know the time, precisely!
4. Solar powered – No battery or cell worries for many years! Oh and solar powered is so cool!
5. Its tough – That’s what a G-Shock is about after all. Although expensive I have no issues of wearing this watch anywhere, at work, at home, out on the town, or at play. I know it can take it.
6. It looks the Dawgs! I have mentioned above about ‘out on the town’ this watch has the look that you can wear with a suit or casual outfit. It will work, and work well, its not just another silver band, it has detailing, enough to catch attention, but not enough to seek it!
7. It’s half orange! C’Mon, I don’t have to explain that, Orange is damn cool!
And finally just before the photos here is what Casio has to say about the GW300B Range :
At A Glance
G-Aviation: Introducing the new large case Aviation concept watch with a 1/100-second chronograph designed to keep accurate time even under the stresses of high G forces that occur during air racing.
Its large 32mm face is carefully laid out to provide the look of an aircraft instrument panel and is constructed of two layers creating a dramatic 3-D effect for the sub-dials.
Large metal side buttons provide easy operation, but at the same time, are enclosed by guards that protect against accidental operation and damage.
For added durability, its band is fastened on both sides with stainless steel screws for plenty of durability.
* Tough Solar Power
* Multi-Band 6 Atomic Timekeeping
* Tough Movement
* Centrifugal Force Resistance surpassing 12G
* Band Type: Resin
* Color: Black
* Dial Code: Analog
* Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, UK, Germany, Japan, China)
Receives time calibration radio signals which keep the displayed time accurate
Auto receive function (up to 6 times per day/up to 5 times per day for China)
Manual receive function
Signal: US WWVB, UK MSF, Germany DCF77, Japan JJY40/JJY60, China BPC
Frequency: US 60kHz, UK 60kHz, Germany 77.5kHz, Japan 40/60kHz, BPC 68.5kHz
* Tough Solar Power
* Shock Resistant
* Tough Movement
Auto hand home position correction
* 200M Water Resistant
* Neo-brite luminous hands and markers
* World Time
* 29 times zones (29 cities + UTC), city code display, daylight saving on/off, home city/world time swapping)
* Beeper Alarm
* 1/100 second stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 00:23’59.99”
Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time
* Full Auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099)
* 12/24 Hour Formats
* Accuracy: +/-15 seconds per month (with no signal calibration)
* Storage Battery: Solar Rechargeable Battery
* Low Battery Warning
* Power Saving Function
* Approx. Battery Life: 5 months on full charge (without further exposure to light)
* Module: 5121
Size of case/total weight
GW3000B 52.5 x 49.8 x 15.5mm / 74g
GW3000BD 52.5 x 49.8 x 15.5mm / 148g
GW3000BB 52.5 x 49.8 x 15.5mm / 74g