IMPORTANT UPDATE : After making contact with Otterbox this case has found to be fake! A refund was received from the seller who claims it was a genuine mistake. The original post has been corrected by removing any reference to this case being genuine and any Otterbox related conclusions then, I would like to stress Otterbox were extremely helpful as was the original seller, however at this point I will use this post and associated gallery as an illustration of what you can look for for!
For clarity here is a copy of the confirmation I received from OtterBox informing me the case was fake :
Firstly let me stress I genuinely like Otterbox stuff, the Armor case I had on my iPhone 5 was a true example of engineering brilliance. However at this stage I feel rather let down by Otterbox as you will soon see why!
I have posted previously about the Otterbox Defender but as I had no computer at the time the unboxing gallery was not present. That will change shortly.
I did make a few points though,which I have have the capability of illustrating.
1. The iPhone 5s will fit into a FAKE Otterbox Defender with a full body skin (such as Zagg InvisibleShield, BestSkinsEver, BodyGuardz etc)
2. As you can see this causes extensive watermarking when the skin comes into contact with the build in screen protector in the FAKE Otterbox.
3. This watermarking can be removed by the use of an Anti-Glare or Matt Screen Protector (in this instance I have simply put a matt screen cover over the top of my InvisibleShield)
4. When this is a result of my use of screen shields or not the build in screen cover on the FAKE Otterbox is not great. It is ever so slightly above the screen, which leads to an unresponsive and unpleasant usage of the touch screen, so much so for me that it was actually unbearable. You can see the gap in the image below…
5. Other than that the case offers great protection, however for me any joy in using the phone was gone in the way the screen now operated, or didn’t!
Now here is the big PROBLEM :
I couldn’t use this case, the feel of the outer case was just so poor I had to remove it, to my horror however when I did so I was left with the Otterbox Logo embossed on the back of my phone in a mirror image. Here is the culprit…
As you can see in the rear of the whote back piece the Otterbox logo is present, this for some reason transferred to the back of my phone.
This was the result…
It took me 30 mins of cleaning and scrapping to get rid of it!
Now was it because I had a rear guard on the back of my phone, I doubt it, but thank goodness I did!
It is for this reason and for the first time ever I can not reccomend this Otterbox case in any manner, even if you could tolerate the screen guard and its flex-clicking in order to achieve maximum protection, look at what happens when the case it on, it BRANDS your phone!
The UnBoxing Gallery : FAKE Otterbox Defender for iPhone 5s
The Damage Picture Again: