Torches have become so much more than a means to shine light on something, they are now a totally essential gadget and one that no house let alone car or motorbike user should ever be without!
I however am relatively new to the torch game, so I am not going to get to deep into the benefits, throw, spot, lumens and all that techy stuff! Give me a Mac or an iPhone and I will be able to tech the life out of you, a torch, nope. Check out the forums such as http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?19-Flashlight-Reviews and you will see that the Torch guys make the Android v iOS arguments tame in comparison!
I have three torches, one I use for working, a 3 D Cell maglite with an LED Conversion, it is bright and illuminates further than I have ever needed to see in the dark, it is also a tank, and for that reason it works well for me.
I also have a mini LED Lenser A5 that I keep in my backpack as a backup. Tiny, light, strong, and a 75m beam should keep me right.
For the car I bought one of these LED Lenser P7s. In real terms it is bright, more than bright enough than I reasonably believe anyone would need for working at their car in an emergency or illuminating a pathway to get you from A to B. It has other benefits too, the battery can last for up to 120 hours, if you are still working at your car after 120 hours, your car is broken. If you are still walking after 120 hours you are lost. It also feels incredible sturdy, sturdy enough to give you complete faith in its build quality.
The official Stats of the P7 are :
Features of the LED Lenser P7 :
• 200 lumens of light – not 170 as with older models (a 320 lumen model have now been released)
• Speed Focus.
• Hard gold plated contacts.
• Corrosion resistant thread.
• LED service life: more than 100,000 hours.
• 0 to 711 feet effective range
• Up to 120 hours run time from one set of batteries (low power – 15%)
• Delivers a brilliant tactical level beam.
• One handed spot to flood light.
• Includes 4 AAA batteries and durable belt holster
LED Lenser P7 UnBoxing :