2015 marks the second year of Air Waves, the rebranded Northern Ireland International Air Show. 2014 was an excellent year for this show with quality aircraft and outstanding displays so this year has a lot to live up to. With in my opinion even more pressure on its shoulders because of a rather disappointing airshow earlier this year in Newcastle, Co. Down.
So Airwaves 2015 can you do it?
Yes you can. Everything was in favour of the airshow this year most importantly the weather, over the weekend we experienced a little wind on the Saturday but it settled itself, Sunday started off a little wet and grey but as you will see from the gallery as the day went on, the weather also started to thankfully behave itself!
The venue still located at the East Strand, Portrush is excellent, with the back drop of the world famous Giant’s Causeway what more could you want?
Last year I made the following comments…
1. The event was excellent.
2. The range of aircraft was fantastic.
3. The sight of the 2 Lancaster Bombers was simply outstanding.
4. The display from the Red Arrows was amazing! This was their 50th Anniversary display and although they are always worth watching, this display is something special!
5. The other aircraft were all amazing, and being a fan of helicopters I certainly was treated well!
6. The rest of the events organised for families, visitors and spectators were good and I have no doubt will improve as the years go on.
I am certainly looking forward to the show again next year!
And this year I say them all again… with a few changes :
- Thew event was excellent.
- The range of aircraft was excellent, this year had more fast jets, which is always good!
- No Lancaster Bombers, but the Typhoon returned. WOW!
- Red Arrows again = WOW
- The other aircraft were as always outstanding, however with notably more fast jets, I noticed less in the way of helicopters.
- Well organised again, however traffic and parking is becoming an issue, so arrive early and get parked and settled and enjoy the day!
2015 Ariwaves Portrush : NI International Airshow Gallery : For anyone interested all photos were taken using a Panasonic Lumix TZ30 – NO Editting has occurred. All images were resized to 30% of their original for uploading and some photos have been cropped for better image composition.
Thanks for stopping by.
I am TomBoyNI, the owner, principle author and only editor of everything on this blog.
I am a road race loving, adventure motorcyclist, with a huge bit of techie built in. I like to learn and am currently trying to learn photography.
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography