A gorgeous sun drenched North Coast of Northern Ireland set the scene for the first Practice / Qualifying Session of the 2017 International North West 200.
This is why we love the North Coast – when it’s good it’s so good!
The sun was out and just after 10am the riders came out and entertained us for the next 5 hours or so.
Here is a quick run down of the results from each of the sessions.
(I have plenty of pics to sort out too, but first things first, here is how things are playing out leading up to Thursday’s session).
1. Alastair Seeley (Tyco BMW) 4m 25.1s 121.811mph
2. Michael Rutter (Bathams/SMT BMW (4m 26.670s 121.093mph
3. Michael Dunlop (Bennetts Suzuki) 4m 27.639s 120.655mph
4. Ian Hutchinson (Tyco BMW) 4m 29.782s 119.697mph
5. Glenn Irwin (PBM Ducati) 4m 30.030s 119.587mph
6. Martin Jessopp (Riders Motorcycles BMW) 4m 31.272s 119.039mph
1. Michael Rutter (Bathams/SMT BMW) 4m 24.634s 122.025mph
2. Alastair Seeley (Tyco BMW) 4m 24.775s 121.960mph
3. Lee Johnston (East Coast BMW) 4m 25.173s 121.777mph
4. Ian Hutchinson (Tyco BMW) 4m 26.265s 121.278mph
5. Dean Harrison (Silicone Engineering Kawasaki) 4m 28.977s 120.055mph
6. Martin Jessopp (Riders Motorcycles BMW) 4m 30.355s 119.443mph
1. Alastair Seeley (Gearlink Kawasaki) 4m 41.480s 114.722 mph
2. Dean Harrison (Silicone Engineering Kawasaki) 4m 42.975s 114.116mph
3. Lee Johnston (Jackson Racing Honda) 4m 43.968s 113.717mph
4. Martin Jessop (Riders Motorcycles Triumph) 4m 45.063s 113.280mph
5. John McGuinness (Jackson Racing/ Bet Victor Honda) 4m 45.893s 112.951mph
6. Michael Dunlop (MD Racing Yamaha) 4m 47.344s 112.381mph
1. Martin Jessop (Riders Motorcycles Kawasaki) 4m 56.494s 108.913mph
2. Michael Rutter (KMR/IEG Kawasaki) 4m 58.171s 108.300 mph
3. Ivan Lintin (Dafabet Devitt Kawasaki) 4m 59.330s 107.881mph
4. Lee Johnston (KMR/NI Air Ambulance Kawasaki) 4m 59.671s 107.758mph
5. Dan Cooper (KW Electrical Kawasaki) 5m 02.880s 106.616mph
6. James Cowton (McAdoo Kawasaki) 5m 03.161s 106.518mph
And here are the full lists and current standings for each field :
Oh and if you haven’t heard a poorly parked Vauxhall caused a red flag!
And the biggest travesty of the day if the fact that Bruce Anstey and the Paggetts Honda need a title sponsor!
Thanks for stopping by.
I am TomBoyNI, the owner, principle author and only editor of everything on this blog.
I am a road race loving, adventure motorcyclist, with a huge bit of techie built in. I like to learn and am currently trying to learn photography.
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography