Sony have announced the 20 games that will be preloaded on the upcoming PlayStation Classic (which some outlets are referring to as the PlayStation Mini).
A few points to note :
– The PlayStation Classic will release on 3rd December 2018 – the 24th anniversary of the original PlayStation.
– The PlayStation Classic will not work with controllers not supplied with the unit – so your DualShock 4 isn’t going to work. The unit will ship with two controllers that should work and feel like the originals – but that is your only control option.
– The PlayStation Classic will not be getting more games in the future – so no downloads, no addons, no Minis – what you get on the machine is your lot.
“There are no plans to bring new content to PlayStation Classic post-launch.” – Sony
– The PlayStation Classic has a built in ‘virtual’ memory card – so you will be able to save your games.
– The PlayStation Classic will connect to your TV via HDMI.
The games listing has brought some controversy, personally I think it looks OK, there are plenty of Classic games in there. Unfortunately there are some questionable releases as well. I could make a list of dozens of games under the ‘What About…’ title but that’s futile, the list is out and the debate over what is more deserving is an absolute matter of opinion, of which we are all entitled.
We have got what we have got. The biggest question then is – ‘Do you feel this is worth eight of your hard earned pound coins?’
So here we go – here is the long awaited list of games coming to the PlayStation Classic :
PlayStation Classic : Confirmed Games List :
- Battle Arena Toshinden
- Cool Boarders 2
- Destruction Derby
- Final Fantasy VII
- Grand Theft Auto
- Intelligent Qube
- Jumping Flash
- Metal Gear Solid
- Mr Driller
- Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
- Resident Evil Director’s Cut
- Revelations: Persona
- Ridge Racer Type 4
- Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
- Syphon Filter
- Tekken 3
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
- Twisted Metal
- Wild Arms