So I was lucky enough to see the Riut Bag at the Gadget Show Live 2015, and I was very impressed. A simple but brilliant concept, a bag made for travellers that makes the stuff inside safer. How? By having no zips on the outside, so unlucky pick pockets, opportunistic thieves and other general scum, this bag makes your pathetic little lives that little bit harder.
I think what makes this even cooler is the fact that it is a successful Kickstarter Campaign, an invention by someone with an idea, who pitched it to the world and the world said yes!
So there we have it a great concept, now how does the inventor make us want one, well she makes it desirable by making it good looking and even more desirable by making it practicable.
And this is the feature list the inventor has packed into one back pack that makes it practicable…
– No outer zips, they are all against your back
– 20 litre capacity, weight 1.06kg
– Holds up to 15 inch laptop: 16.14 inch or 41 cm diagonal measurement across outer laptop case
– Invisible strap lengths
– Waterproof material: base and outer shell
– Sturdy handle and hook for hanging
– Hidden ticket pocket in each strap
– Foam lined throughout for comfort and protection
– Water bottle holders: up to 750ml capacity
– Adjustable chest strap
– One model available
– One colour available
I have had mine now for a couple of weeks and use it regularly. It is great, very useable, very comfortable, study and well put together. It looks slick, and has been commented on many times. It will be getting a tougher test soon though as it will be travelling over 1500 miles on the back of a motorcycle very shortly in a country that is notoriously wet – Ireland! So we will have a good idea of its durability then!
I can’t understand why any bag has exposed zips, but hey-ho this one is on track to be a winner!
My UnPacking Gallery :