New-generation waterproof suit for off-road and touring use released, and it looks like a winner…
BMW have just introduced the new EnduroGuard Adventure Suit which targets the ever growing GS market. The new suit is made in cooperation with Schoeller Textil AG (Switzerland) and it’s available in different sizes for men and women and also features a newly designed dedicated pair of gloves.
The EnduroGuard is not a replacement for the already hugely popular and perfectly functional Rally and GS Dry suits, which are to remain available at BMW Motorrad dealers.
The new suit comes with subtle branding, large ventilation parts, 3-layer laminate BMW Climate Membrane and a waterproof storm hood integrated into the collar.
The Price. Manufacturer’s recommended price Germany: Jacket € 1049, trousers € 749.
As with everything though the price will vary between retail outlets, so make sure to ask around – one source is already reporting getting quoted €750 for the jacket + €561 for the trousers. I am sure you will agree that that is a considerable saving!
BMW EnduroGuard Adventure Suit Specifications :
– New generation suit for off-road use, waterproof
– Highly abrasion-resistant shell of dynatec and dynatec stretch, with a ceraspace layer in some areas, a BMW innovation in cooperation with Schoeller Textil AG
– 3-layer laminate with BMW Climate Membrane™ membrane, wind and waterproof, highly breathable
– NP2 protectors on back, shoulders, elbows, hips and knees (infinitely height-adjustable)
– Coccyx protector, retrofittable
– Extremely good all-round ventilation through many generously sized ventilation options, double front zipper as an AirVent system
– Lining – 100% polyester; Mesh lining in jacket and pants and 3D-Mesh on the back, breathable and elastic
– 8 jacket pockets, 7 of which are waterproof, men’s jacket with additional breast pocket, 3 pants pockets, 1 of which is a key holder (ideal for Keyless Ride)
– Sleeves and legs can be opened wide, recessed cuffs provide protection in foul weather
– Wind guards and recessed cuffs in the jacket provides effective protection against wind and rain
– Waterproof storm hood integrated into the collar
Leather patches on the insides of the knees for a secure grip on the tank when riding off-road
– Snap buttons on the jacket front are concealed to avoid scratching the tank; and hook-and-loop straps allow a variety of width adjustments and ventilation openings
– Reflective print on the jacket
– Attachment zipper: all-around and 40 cm
– Comfort fit
– Colors: Men’s jacket in grey or black, women’s jacket in grey, both pants in black
– Ladies’ sizes: 34-48, 72-88, 18-22
– Men’s sizes: 46-66, 98-118, 24-32
– EnduroGuard Gloves for men and women also available, featuring ceraspace and two-chamber technology, in sizes 6/6.5 – 12/12.5
I have never been fortunate enough to own a BMW Suit (BMW – if you are listening and would like to send me a suit to review ;-p ), I do own a couple of pairs of StreetGuard 2 Trousers which are outstanding. (I have written about them previously a few times) Going by the quality that I know and expect of BMW Motorrad clothing I can safely assume that this suit will be another outstanding addition to the range, and no doubt will become the choice of the wealthy GS Riders across the globe.
Thanks for stopping by.
I am TomBoyNI, the owner, principle author and only editor of everything on this blog.
I am a road race loving, adventure motorcyclist, with a huge bit of techie built in. I like to learn and am currently trying to learn photography.
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography