Today is a great day for all things Google and at the same time all things Apple! Why so? Because Google Chrome is released today in the App Store for all iOS devices.
This has been met with much cheer across the Apple circuit, mainly because people have become discontented with Safari and it’s limitations. Customers, fanboys, lovers and haters have all been crying out for an alternative, and the alternative they have been screaming for has arrived.
I don’t think there is too much need for me to go into massive details about this app, it is easily downloaded, free and small so you have no excuse for not giving it a go, so get yourself over to the AppStore and get downloading.
A few points I will make though after my limited trial of it this morning.
1. Tabbed browsing on your iDevice is brilliant. Safari should have sorted this out ages ago rather than the clunky way of shifting from tab to tab on the iPhone etc.
2. Incognito browsing is so simple to get into, two front screen clicks and you are there.
3. Device sharing again is brilliant. Log in on your phone and browse, go to your iPad or computer and just pick up where you left off, that is a genius feature!
4. No flash. For some reason people thought Chrome would bring flash support. Not possible.
5. Don’t worry about flash. Today it died as Adobe have confirmed they will not be supporting Android 4.1 (Jellybean) . So today it looks like Android are now in the no flash brigade, after all the fanboy crying, guess who moved where. 😉
6, the Google Drive app has also been released. So get it on your computer, upload anything and you’ll have 24/7 access to it on your iDevice. Just like iCloud.