New 2020 Emoji :
This post is one for the techies, tweeters, WhatsApp’ers and all the rest of the Social Media fraternity who love a bit of emoji action.
Friday 17th July 2020 marked World Emoji Day, and in celebration of the event, Apple shared a preview of upcoming 2020 emojis that will be added to iPhones, iPads, and Macs with Emojipedia.
2020 will see the Emoji 13 update being released and some of the loveable little images planned include :
- Faces – Smiling Face with Tear, Disguised Face
- People – Ninja, Person in Tuxedo, Woman in Tuxedo, Person with Veil, Man with Veil, Woman Feeding Baby, Person Feeding Baby, Man Feeding Baby, Mx. Claus, People Hugging
- Body Parts – Pinched fingers, Anatomical Heart, Lungs
- Animals – Black Cat, Bison, Mammoth, Beaver, Polar Bear, Dodo, Seal, Beetle, Cockroach, Fly, Worm
- Food – Blueberries, Olive, Bell Pepper, Flatbread, Fondue, Bubble Tea
- Household – Potted Plant, Teapot, Piñata, Magic Wand, Nesting Dolls, Sewing Needle, Mirror, Window, Plunger, Mouse Trap, Bucket, Toothbrush
- Miscellaneous – Feather, Rock, Wood, Hut, Pickup Truck, Roller Skate, Knot, Coin, Boomerang, Screwdriver, Carpentry Saw, Hook, Ladder, Elevator, Headstone, Placard, Transgender Symbol, Transgender Flag
- Clothing – Thong Sandal, Military Helmet
- Musical Instruments – Accordion, Long Drum
The update also features 55 gender and skin-tone variants, along with new gender-inclusive emojis that can be used as an alternative to gendered versions, such as person with veil and person with tuxedo rather than the current woman/man options.
Unfortunately after ‘Emoji 13’ there will be a six month delay to ‘Emoji 14’ which means it will most likely be 2022 when the next big update comes along.
“Under the current circumstances we’ve heard that our contributors have a lot on their plates at the moment and decided it was in the best interests of our volunteers and the organizations that depend on the standard to push out our release date,” said Mark Davis, President of the Consortium. “This year we simply can’t commit to the same schedule we’ve adhered to in the past.”Mark Davis : President of the Emoji Consortium
Thanks for stopping by.
I am TomBoyNI, the owner, principle author and only editor of everything on this blog.
I am a road race loving, adventure motorcyclist, with a huge bit of techie built in. I like to learn and am currently trying to learn photography.
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography