Mous Limitless 3.0 :
I have been using Mous cases now for three years, and still they are the only cases I will put my phones in.
From 2017 I have been using the Mous brand and still it is the product that I recommend every single time some one says to me, ‘What case should I get for my new phone?’
See my previous Mous Product Posts here : https://tbni.blog/?s=Mous
This year on receipt of my iPhone 12 Pro Max I was already well prepared, my preorder for my Mous Limitless 3.0 Case had been placed even before my iPhone had been ordered.
For 2020 I opted initially for a Walnut Limitiless 3.0 and quickly followed it up with a leather variant.
So if you have read any of many you will know the score, if not…why not? The links are right there!
Rather than repeat myself I am going to summarise, and if you need more read the links, honestly it is all there. Everything that Mous has been doing right all these years they simply continue to do.
Just to keep things simple though if you only read one link make sure it is this one :
This has all the details on the Limitless 3.0 Case, the iPhone 12 version is just the same, same packaging, same design, just a slightly different shape due to the redesigned phone.
In conclusion the Mous Limitless 3.0 for iPhone 12 Pro Max has lots of good points, and only one slight but limiting negative point.
- Perfect fit – and screen shield friendly.
- Real Walnut / Leather / Carbon Fibre finishes – The finish is quality.
- Tactile and responsive buttons.
- Precision cut ports (camera, speakers, lightning charging point, sensors, etc).
- A Nifty little cutout for the Sim ejection tool and a spare / second sim.
- AirShock adds another level of drop protection you just don’t get on most other brands.
- The Contoured shape of the case means screen gestures are unaffected. It also means the screen is kept of the surface if placed face down on a desk.
- The rear of the case is just the right size to ensure the camera lenses remain off the surface if the phone is placed rear down on a desk.
- The corners are slightly enlarged, this makes the case easier to hold and fit in your hand and adds some protection to the corners, which are also the areas most likely to have an impact in the event of a drop or fall.
- The case feels nice to hold, and this is enhanced by the premium products used to finish the case.
- The case is classy as are all the finishes, walnut, leather, carbon fibre – say no more.
- The Limitless 3.0 also has a full range of accessories from mounts to folio covers and a card wallet. And this is not the first generation of such products, so they already have a good grounding in what works for accessories and what does not.
- Nice quality, well manufactured and environmentally conscious packaging.
- Pricey – but then the old adage needs to be remembered, you get wha you pay for. If you are paying £1000+ for your phone is £50 for a premium, protective case too much?
Screen Shield :
When the Limitless 3.0 Range of cases were released I made the point that the packaging had changed, it was now much more minimalist. All for the good of the planet and in order to reduce waste, so that’s all good, but I also noted that cases now also came without the previously included screen shield. This is still the case.
I had previously never used the supplied screen shields as I always got a screen shield installed at the Apple Store when I picked up the phone. It meant a perfectly installed screen shield in the Store, so if a bubble or dust appeared it was took off, binned and a fresh one applied. Thanks to Covid-19 this year there was no Day One in Store pickup at the time of pre-ordering so I decided to try one of the Mous Tempered Glass Screen Shields.
The conclusion is positive. Of course you have to be extremely careful, mine does have one spec of dust, thankfully it is in the corner and is not noticeable, but in general the screen went on well, looks good and is crystal clear. It feels superbly smooth and from what I can tell has no impact on screen responsiveness nor sensitivity. At around half the price of an Apple installed screen shield (and you also get two of them) it is safe to say it is another sound product from Mous and another sound purchase.
Oh, and importantly, it is case friendly.